Wednesday 27 February 2013

How to make a Chalkboard

Here is a good idea to entertain kids, they will love it. Other use for it can be a message board where you write home tasks. Think about it! By the way, I found this idea in http://www.salttree.net/2011/08/make-it-chalkboard-paint.html, feel free to visit it, you will enjoy it as much as I did!

"Yes you can.  Chalkboard paint is ridiculously easy to make.  The great thing about making it yourself is the array of colours you can make it in!  Do a small project like a message board or go big and turn your kids play room into one big chalkboard!  Ohhhhh... all the kids from the neighbourhood would surely be over if that were the case!  Follow along for the recipe and some tips!



1 Cup of latex house paint or acrylic craft paint
1 TBSP of non-sanded tile grout

Mix together until there are no lumps.

Yes.  That's it.





Paint your surface with the mixture.  I advise using a small roller for a smoother finish.  A brush will give you some textured ridges when it dries (I used a brush).

Let it dry completely.


Get some chalk.  'Sidewalk' chalk has great, vibrant colours.  I wish I'd had some for the pics!






Draw!  Yep.  That easy.








And just in case you were wondering... clean up is no problem.  I used a damp cloth and that was it.

I popped my chalkboard into an old frame I had.  If you do a small project like I did, you could even paint the reverse side of the board in a different colour for days you want a change.  I'm thinking.... sunny yellow for mine :)



Have fun!"

No comments:

Post a Comment